Our Slideshow

Penang Local Time

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Woei Tong's First Pg. Hill Ride (84)

Date: 19th Sept
Route : BJI <-> Yeap Chor Yee <-> Green Lane <-> Botanical Garden <-> Pg Hill (84)
Meal : Breakfast at Anson Road Pasar
Distance : ~ 40km ( Pg Hill climbing part too slow to detected by my computer )
Duration : ~ 3 hrs

On the same day afternoon where I tried Pg Hill (84) where my ride happen in the morning, I noticed there is one cyclist "lay" on top of Bukit Jambul new road pavements with his eye close. His two other cyclist friends attending to him, and his face look like he suffering "out of breath" syndrome. I'm observed them while my car pass through slowly, this incident got me thinking, " hey, 5 months ago I also suffered cycle up this stretch of road. This guy must be first day trying out on bicycle".

My mood prior to see this guy is pretty bad, since I'm pushing almost 40% of the time to reach 84, I thought I should do better than this. But this cyclist help me realized that how far I've go through the initial stage of cycling, while still far behind on my personal target or compared to more experienced cyclists.

Since pick up cycling, I always pushing myself to pedal faster whether on flat or hill, probably I'm a firm believer of "no pain no gain" thingy, and for past 5 months, I can't said I'm enjoying cycling, may be I've satisfaction but definitely not enjoying myself, because there always a target in my head while I sit on the saddle.

It is time to appreciate what I've earned so far through cycling and "enjoy" my failures while attempting to become stronger cyclist.

So, I salute to the hiker that walk pass me with a heavy back pack, emotionally move by one of the old hiker asking me "son, are you okay, is this your first day trying cycle up Pg. Hill?" . I will start enjoying cycling, still gonna push myself, but with a smile on my face after every ride.

First attack on Pg Hill = Mission Failed. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment