Our Slideshow

Penang Local Time

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Commuting

Last two weeks, I've been using my MTB as a transportation mean during weekend for running errant, beside weekend MTB riding in the morning.

Things that can be done:
1) Breakfast, Lunch (some times I'm getting bigger portion of noodles FOC, probably some hawker think I should eat more...)
2) Light weight groceries such as breads, fruit, newspaper etc.
3) Banking
4) Attendding no need former dress code function such as Tzu Chi Vegetarian Food Fair held in Tapak Pesta ( you get a lot of attention too if you put on cycling pant )
5) Go round bicycle shops to get poisoned

Pros:
1) save some fuel money, probably RM10 in my case
2) maintained my weight, it have been a long time seeing I weighted below 82kg
3) maintained high body metabolism

Cons:
1) with our environment humility level and all those particles floating around, any outdoor physical work mean need to changing shirts and quick shower when get home. My record is 5x shower in one day.
2) the sun, commuting mean sometimes I pedal around 2pm. Ladies might not fond about this
3) some guys probably think I'm crazy....
4) food bill might go up, I chuck in more food than I used to....:) [ my wife can't complaint now....haha]

My commuting round trip distance ranging from 5km to 20km, so it is not too bad if someone can brace the afternoon heat...and I intended to use bicycle as much as possible to my transportation need, hopefully one day I can haul 20kg groceries up Bukit Jambul.

At last, introducing my MTB/work horse: Fat Louise ( stock 2009 Merida TFS5oo except upgrade whole gear system to Shimano SLX)




No comments:

Post a Comment