Our Slideshow

Penang Local Time

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bukit Gambir Ride

Date: 20th Sept
Route : BJI <-> YCY <-> Bukit Gambir
Distance : 20km
Duration : 2.5 hrs ( a lot of chic-chatting lah)
Riders: WoeiTong, Hyo Young, TK

This suppose a quick ride for me, planning having breakfast with families. Target ride time is 1.5 hrs extended to 2.5 hrs. No choice, today got "kek-poh-chi" syndrome on the trail.

Meet up Hyo Young at Ashley Green traffic light at 7:20 am, think this is good sign, time to meet suppose is 7:30am. Give HyoYoung some basic fork 101, since she didn't ride in "rocky" trail before and off we go. Sorryahh TK, I totally forget about you will joining us until you ring me up, end up you need to ride solo until check point.

This is second time ride with HyoYoung, I know although she is a slower rider, but she will catch up. My suspicion that she is a runner is confirmed, she in deed a marathon runner. I'm not too worry until saw the trail conditions deteriorate badly compared to 2 months ago. All the rocks is more protruded from the red soil surface, really need to look far ahead on which path need to take while climbing. While those water run through drain mark get deepen, making if climbing at 6km/hr impossible to pass through. I told myself I can't run too far ahead, at least she able to see which trail path I take.

The funny part is today I find Bukit Gambir trail is easy, although with those rocky surface, I can ride just fine, no need to stop for catching breaths, no wheelies, heart pumping rate is not racing. Even got spare time to look back or going back to check on HyoYoung. Damn, let me check this morning what medicine I take....this is day and night performance compared to 2 months ago.

Bukit Gambir trail made it to my favorite trail list, since this is only few trails that I don't need to stop or pushing bike to finish the trail. :)

Sept 22 updates: me and TK ride up this trail again after heavy down pour, official time for me starting from "dust bin" collection junction until temple is 33mins. That ~15 mins improvement over 2 months ago based on my record.







No comments:

Post a Comment