Our Slideshow

Penang Local Time

Sunday, November 29, 2009

AID - Hillturn - Balik Pulau ride

Date: 28/11/2009
Route : BJI --> Paya Terubong --> AID --> Hillturn --> Balik Pulau --> "Nasty Trail" --> Tun Sardon The View --> BJI
Riders : WoeiTong, WoeiChyang, Ang, MeiLing
Ride distance : ~25km
Noteworthy:
--> WoeiTong official AID climbing time revised from 40mins to 24mins
--> Learned Hillturn to Balik Pulau Titiserong cemented trail

We set out ride up Ngor Hean temple than call it a day, but it turn on a "so-so" riding day become a "exploration" day.

Of course, me have another target to set as well, I need to revised my "bad" official 40mins climbing up AID made 5 months ago. It turn out I able to do it in 24mins today, still shy from my brother 22 mins and Mr Ang 16mins climb, but I've narrowed the gap, still got works to do.

Through Ang persuasions, MeiLing agreed to try out down hill from Hillturn to Balik Pulau. While Ang have rode this down hill trail before, but his not famous for his "trail-sense", I also don't have my GPS with me. So when decision to made detour and based on Ang "memory", this trail should have some "nasty" down hill, there is some "worried" in the air, as none of us don't know what to expect. This down hill turn out become one of the smoothest down hill I've come across, in other word, there is no mud, no tree roots, no switch back, no pot holes; just a smooth well maintained cemented downhill track, we come out from TitiSerong without any drama.

After breakfast, we decided to try out "nasty" trail up to The View again, this is to avoid Tun Sardon scorching sun and also testing WoeiChyang and Mei Ling climbing power. I climbed better today but still a lot of pushing. While this "nasty trail" steep slope caused Mei Ling and Woei Chyang "cursing" a long the way while pushing their bike. Well, I think Ang and me achieved our hidden agenda, seeing peoples "suffered" in steep climbs.

Note: I don't know what "Nasty Trail" called, because it didn't "logged" in the GPS map I used and I can't find other Pg. mountain bike blog talking about this. I shall track this trail soon, so that others people can go through my pain as well...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment