Our Slideshow

Penang Local Time

Monday, December 28, 2009

Kayuhan Warisan Taiping 2009

Woei Chyang and me joining this Jamboree in the spirit of supporting our home town MTB club. Woei Chyang even take 2 days leave just to join this. Although I'm relatively new in joining Jamborees, but this KAWAT 2009 is worst among all jamborees I've attended.

Few short falls, and I think even some of it is risking MTBer's live:

1) no water refilling as promised for 16km and 25km. A lot of peoples take it easy due to low difficulty of KAWAT 2008, thought this year will be makan angin trail as well, so doesn't prepare at all in term of water and food.

2) no medic after down hill sections, I gave first aid to two guys who have minor scratch on legs and hands after crash during down hill course, but that already ~3km away from down hill trail. If got broken bone, don't know how to settle. Come to think of it, BM jamboree is the only Jamboree that every check point got medic.

3) big lies, I ask for water at CP2, they tell me CP3 got water which is only 1km away. I like what the fxxk, CP2 and CP3 only 1km a part

4) doesn't station helper at those slippery area, a lot of people including me, just throw the bicyle down, slide down than only pick up the bicycle. for god sake, there is few children involve as well, bicycle is bigger than their body, how they going to carry the bike like adult.

5) CP closing early, in fact, only less than 100 riders finished the course. I only cleared between CP2 and CP3. Imagine, I only covered 25km in 4hrs! And I'm pretty sure for first 6km on tar road, I'm doing not less than 30km/hr speed.

6) "good" lunch, only have curry ayam and one vegie. that it. Chicken portion is small, I can settle all the chicken in one mouth.

7) Riders need to knock on people house asking for water !

Other good things (not the organisers):
--> one chinese family offer water to all riders when we pass through their back door. I think they become life saver to a lot of bikers.

woeitong

No comments:

Post a Comment